When buying a new computer, many people pay special attention to its specifications. However, there may be some confusion when purchasing add-ons that can improve performance.
In this sense, knowing, in the best possible way, the different parts of your computer, is not just for know what add-ons you might purchase for optimization, but also serves to identify the source of a problem and perform proper maintenance.
Graphics or video card
This time you can get information about the graphics or video card as one of the accessories for improve the performance of your computer.
The video card is nothing more than an expansion of your computer's motherboard that processes CPU information, making the necessary conversion to represent it through an output device, such as a monitor, television or projector.
In simple terms, the video card controls the graphic information and how it will be displayed on the monitor. It is a favorite of gamers as it can significantly increase the quality of games.
Functionality of the graphics or video card
There are details to consider when buying a graphics card, especially when it can be used. To avoid any inconvenience, it is good that you know some of its features to make sure it is in good condition:
- Cooling unit: This is one of the things to look out for when buying a video card or when checking your computer card in case you think it may be causing problems. The malfunction of this part significantly affects its performance.
- FPS: frames per second is the number of images the card can process in that time. Usually the cards are at 30 FPS (i.e. they display up to 30 images per second), but there are also 60 and 100 FPS.
- vram: Another important element of the video card and which helps the performance of the FPS. The amount of Vram or memory the graphics or video card has, as this will determine how smoothly images can be displayed.
- Rear connections: Finally, the graphics or video card will provide the opportunity to connect different devices through its ports. The normal thing is that it has the two traditional video ports: VGA and DVI, but they can also include HDMI.
What is the video card used for?
As explained at the beginning, the graphics or video card serves the purpose of process the information generated in the CPU to convert them into understandable and representable data for the monitor.
The greater the capacity of the video card, and the greater the capacity of the monitor or television it can be connected to, your graphics experience will be sensational.
The ideal video card
There are many types of graphics or video cards to choose from on the market. However, to acquire one that meets your needs, it is important that you take into consideration the aspects described in the features section, as they are the ones that will guide you regarding its performance.
Types of video cards
Now for more information when choosing one Graphic cardIt is also important to know which are the best types or models of video cards on the market. In this sense, there are two that rank as the most recommended:
- Nvidia: Ideal for fans of computer games and graphics. The 980 model of this brand offers up to 60 FPS and offers extraordinary versions with Vram memory, giving incredible clarity to your graphics.
- AMD: Although their performance does not match that of Nvidia cards, they are good value in terms of price and quality: they cover the basic requirements for a low cost.
Most Interesting Articles
- best sites and apps to watch live soccer from pc tv android ios free and paid