Messenger takes contacts from your mobile device and from your friends to confine them to its app so you can talk to all of them from one place. But if you want to delete contacts from Messenger and are not sure how to do it, we will explain it in detail a little further down.
It is quite simple, albeit depending on how a contact appeared in Messenger, it can be deleted one way or another. We will see step by step how you need to do to delete a contact and a friend from Facebook Messenger.
What you should keep in mind is that sometimes you will have to remove certain people from friends on Facebook so that they stop appearing on Messenger. In case you want to do this because someone is bothering you or sending you spam messages, maybe the option to block that person can help too.
How to delete contacts from Messenger
- Apri l’app Messenger su Android o iOS.
- Next, you need to click on the contacts icon that appears at the bottom of the screen. Left to right is the second.
- It directs you to a section with all the suggested people and new connections. Here you will have to click on » All people Which is located at the top.
- Here you can see all the contacts you currently have. So you will have to find who you want to delete and then click the information button "i" located to the right of each contact.
- By clicking on this button, a pop-up window appears with information about the person in question. You will appreciate having two options: the first is Delete contact while the second is to send a message. We press on the first.
Keep in mind that some contacts cannot be deleted from Messenger as they are actually Facebook friends. The contacts you can delete from Messenger are the ones that are added to the app thanks to your Android address book.
How to delete a friend contact on Facebook
In case you want to delete a friend contact you have on Messenger, you will need to delete it from Facebook. To do this, follow the steps you will see below:
- To do this you have to go to Facebook and search for that person. For this you can use the search engine or from the friends section of your profile.
- Once in that person's profile you have to click on the option » Friends »And a menu with various options will appear.
- Among all these, the one you should choose is " Remove from friends list «.
- Another pop-up window appears asking us if we really want to remove that person from our friends. Here we must confirm to delete that Messenger contact.
In case you can still see that person in Messenger, it means that you still have him as a contact in the Android address book. However, now you can get rid of it without any kind of problem. In case you don't have that person's number, it will automatically be removed from the messaging app.
It is so simple to learn how to delete contacts from Messenger. In a few minutes you can have your contact list with only the people you want to talk to, if you still have questions about this tutorial. You can leave it a little further down in the comments section.TagsFacebook Messenger