WhatsApp has fundamentally changed the way people connect to the point that it can no longer be considered a simple messaging service. We're talking about an app that has grown into a social network, one of the most popular. But all is not rosy within the application. Stay to the end and find out how to block a contact on WhatsApp.
You may have contact with people who have their number registered, it is possible for an unwanted user to obtain it by other means; like looking you up in a general group directory or just spying on other networks. It can be very annoying, as anyone else has your phone without your permission, so the best option is to block it.
How to block a contact on WhatsApp?
In this guide we will teach you how to block a contact on WhatsApp. We will show you the illustrations so that you know all the steps to follow to make things easier for you. You will learn all about this app feature, how to do it temporarily and forever. We'll also teach you how to block an annoying user in your groups and how to do it without that person knowing.
WhatsApp is such a versatile application that it can be used on both Android and iOS. For this reason, in this guide, we will teach you how to block a contact on WhatsApp from a mobile phone with an Android or iOS system.
Lock or unlock from Android
You can perform this strategy with any contact to refrain from receiving calls, texts, and even status updates. First of all, we will tell you how to block someone who is saved in your directory or address book?
- You have to open the app and go to the «Configuration» section or Settings.
- Next you have to tap where it says «account» and in that section you will go to the section «Privacy» then to «contacts blocked«.
- You have to click on the icon to add a contact and finally you have to choose the contact you want to block.
Here we show you how to do it manually from the privacy of your mobile, although there is another way to do it that improves the procedure much more. To do this, you need to do the following:
- Open the chat with the contact you want to block.
- Then go to the other person's profile and scroll down until you see the option «Block ". You just have to tap and it's ready, the contact will be blocked automatically.
For how to block a contact on WhatsApp, simply follow the same procedure and choose the previously selected contact which should appear in the blocked list. You can also enter a contact profile and check the Unblock option that comes out after you scroll down.
Block iPhone contacts
Now that you know how to block a contact on WhatsApp from Android, it's time to continue. If you have an iPhone in your case, the process is pretty much the same. We will show you the following:
- Open the app. Click the button » Settings» at the bottom right of your mobile iPhone.
- Go su «Account – Privacy» and then tap on the option «Stuck ".
- Subsequently, in the option » Add new» your contact list will be expanded.
- In this list you will have to find the contact you want, you cannot be contacted for this application and touch it to activate the option.
Like in Android, in iOS you can simplify the process we just taught you. To do this, you just need to do the following:
- Enter the contact chat you want to restrict and then in the user's profile.
- Scroll down until you see the option «Block«, which will send the contact you want to tap to the spam list.
How to do it temporarily?
There is no program that allows you to control the blocking of one of your contacts to make it longer or shorter. If you want to unblock someone you've already blocked, all you have to do is remove them from the WhatsApp block list.
You just have to follow the steps already established in the previous point and thus proceed to unlock it manually. Thus, you yourself decide the time when you will have this person, limited.
How to do it without the other person knowing?
There is still no WhatsApp update to notify you if a contact has blocked you (so far). That way, you can have total freedom and confidence to do it with any contact, and they'll never find out. If it is true that there are some «indicators» which may give you the idea that you have blocked them.
These are the most important indicators:
- You will no longer be able to see the time of the last connection.
- They won't be able to see your profile picture.
- It just shows «a tick» or a tick when you send him a text message.
- This contact will not be able to call you through this app.
If a person is alert and starts to notice these things, they may suspect they are blocked. However, it is impossible to know 100% if it has been blocked and can only be limited to suspicion. This is because there are other situations where such indicators can be observed. One of them is theft. Here it is convenient to send the device in bulk.
In this case, the indicators will also be visible. Furthermore, there is a possibility of losing the device. These 2 factors will make a person suspicious, but he can't know if he is really 100% blocked.
What happens when you block a WhatsApp contact?
Blocking a contact on WhatsApp is easy, but what happens next? Regardless of the operating system of your smartphone or tablet, there are 3 points to consider, which we will show you below.
- You won't receive messages, calls, or status updates from a blocked contact, and they won't appear on your phone.
- Information about your online connection, last seen, status updates and changes to your profile will no longer be visible.
- When block someone from your Wassap, the number will continue to appear in your contact list. Your number will also appear in the other person's address book.
How to block a contact on WhatsApp in a group?
You can also find the possibility of create a whatsapp group with your friends or any other group of acquaintances or family members. However, it is possible that there is a person whose data you don't want to have access to, who maybe you don't want to see any of it, or who is just an annoying person who you want to remove from your contacts.
Well, this process is somewhat different from the previous ones. While you shouldn't worry, here we show you how to do it quickly and efficiently.
Restrict a contact within a group from an iPhone
The iPhone device is a terminal very sensitive to the user's safety, so it does everything possible to make people feel at ease. That's why you can easily block a contact on WhatsApp who is in a group. The steps are:
- Open the app and enter the group that contains the person you want to block.
- You choose "Group information«. And go to the section where the member list is.
- You have to select the person who will send you to a private chat.
- Then go to user profile login and unsubscribe until you find the block option. This completes the job.
Block a person from a group from my Android device
As with the iPhone, on the Android system you can remove the most annoying contacts from your groups in the app so that you can only interact with the users you like as effectively as possible.
- Open the app, of course.
- Enter the group that contains the person you want to block
- Click on the 3 dots above and choose «Group information«.
- Go to the participant list.
- Find the person you want to block.
- You choose "View profile» and go to the red section labeled «Block". Tap this option and voila.
What happens when you block a group contact?
After blocking a contact from a group, you simply won't see what they are sharing in this group again. Not forgetting all the other features described above when blocking an ordinary person.
How do I know if a WhatsApp contact has blocked me?
Before proceeding, the following point should be clarified. This information is very inaccurate as these are all indicators. The person may have changed theirs Privacy Settings or it may have problems with the device or device signal.
The reality is that it is impossible to know if someone has blocked you in complete safety. However, some signs of this can be:
- You can no longer see the last connection time.
- You don't see the user's profile photo.
- When you send a message, you only see » popcorn» or a received image of control.
- You cannot call this contact.
Done, now you don't need to mute your friend group anymore. And you learned how to block a contact on WhatsApp. This measure will be very effective for you, so you can avoid annoying messages from the person who bothers you so much, or from who you know is not the right one for you, and therefore you can feel more relaxed.
Most Interesting Articles
- best sites and apps to watch live soccer from pc tv android ios free and paid