There are a few ways to shut down your computer. The classic one is to go up " Start »And then click the shutdown icon to view the different options. However, there are also other methods:
- If you press Alt + F4, it's not only used to close windows of all kinds. But it also serves to turn off the equipment.
- If you press the key Windows + L you can close or lock the session and from this point turn off the computer.
- You can also use the key Windows + R and use the commands you will see below to shut down your computer.
But we will see a way to leave these icons where we want and by simply double clicking on it, do what we want, be it shut down, restart, suspend or hibernate our Windows 10 computer.
With this simple, practical and quick tutorial you will be able in a few minutes to have all the icons to perform the actions we talked about above, not only on the desktop. But you can also add them to the application menu or taskbar.
Create a shortcut to shut down, suspend, restart or hibernate Windows 10
The first step is to create a link. This is quite simple as we only need to right-click on an empty space on the desktop and we can see how a context menu is displayed.
Next, you will need to click » New "And then on" Shortcut ". Here we will have to write the following commands depending on what you want to create this shortcut:
- Shutdown: shutdown -s -t 0
- restarting: shutdown -r -t 0
- Close session: shutdown -l -t 0
- Suspended/iberna: rundll32.exe powrprof.dll, SetSuspendState 0,1,0
You need to take into account that if your computer has hibernation disabled. Then it will be suspended. Obviously if you've enabled hibernation, it will do just that.
After entering the command, we can see that it asks us to give a name to the link we are about to create. Obviously, if we decide to add the command " Restart ", The ideal is that the name of this shortcut is" Restart »Or similar.
We press end and when we double click on the icon the computer will restart as if we were doing it from the menu " Start «.
Programming your computer to perform tasks such as shutting down can be very useful for taking care of it and for protecting your information in case you forget to shut it down on your own. Another command you can set is to program your computer to automatically close an application.
How to create a shortcut to shut down restart suspend Windows 10
The shortcuts will be left with an icon by default that doesn't look exactly correct. So what we need to do is change these icons to customize them a bit and that way they are much easier to distinguish on the desktop.
- To do this we need to right-click on them and then in the context menu click on » Property «.
- Now what we have to do is click on " Change icon »And we can see that a small window opens with a wide variety of icons. Here you can choose the one you like best. Ideally, you should find one related to the action that will make the link.
You can also add these shortcuts to the start menu. For this, what we have to do is right-click on said shortcuts and then choose the option «Anchor at the beginning». This way we can use the same icons for shut down, restart, suspend or hibernate the computer from the applications section.
And in this way you can create a shortcut to shut down or restart my Windows 10 PC in a very simple way.