How to create time lapse videos with your photos
The technique used for a time lapse with photos is very beneficial, as compared to using videos, photos weigh much less, which will save you work and a lot of memory cards. Also, photos allow you to use slower shutter speeds, with which you can get more results artistic compared to a video.
To create this type of video based on your photographs, we suggest that you use some tools that will significantly contribute to better results. Using the following has worked for many:
- thrips. We could say that it is an essential tool, since for take pictures for long periods of time, the camera needs to be repaired. If you're planning on taking a time lapse outdoors, it's a good idea that the tripod is sturdy, or heavy, so it won't budge in very windy weather. There are also deformable tripods, ones that you can hold securely from just about anything you can even work with.
- Intervalometer. It is built into the most current cameras and consists of a small command with which you can control how often you want the camera take the photo. It is very convenient, as you will be able to capture images without having to be present all the time. If you don't have a camera with this setup, you can buy one and sync it perfectly.
- Replacement batteries. If the time frame you want to create is going to be something that takes a lot of photos over a long period of time, you'd better go prepared with response batteries. When you change them, you have to be careful not to shift the angle of the camera so that the process you did is not lost.
Having these tools will make your time lapse photographs stunning. But that's not all, we suggest you take the following into consideration:
- In the first few shots, use your camera's "manual" mode until you get the perfect exposure for your photo,
- Take care of the focus direction you want to give the time frame, otherwise some images will turn out blurry and all the work will be ruined. However, if this happens to you, you can still fix blurry photos with online tools.
- Use the RAW format to take photos, so you can forget about the profiles and white balances of the image that will later be edited. You can also take RAW photos with your mobile phone, in case you don't have a professional camera.
- Identification at duration of the intervals a depending on the reason for the time frame. For very slow movements long intervals can be used and for fast movements short intervals are most appropriate.
How to edit your time lapse videos the easy way
Once you have satisfied all of the above, you will have many consecutive photos. Now it's time to change the time frame and for this you will need one of the following applications:
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC. You will only have to import your photos by choosing the first of the sequence and dragging the file that will be automatically generated on the timeline. You will get a perfect time lapse.
- Photoshop CC. This program prepares the time lapse, albeit in a more complex way; It is mainly used by professionals. As is normal in Photoshop, you will have many options for image editing and control.
- Quicktime Pro. You can download and install it for Windows and Mac. To make a time lapse with this tool you have to follow this path: File / Open image sequence. The next step is to choose the first photo in the series.
If you don't like any of these programs, you can check out a list of the best free apps to edit multiple photos at once.
As you may have noticed, create and edit a time lapse video with your photos it's not complicated at all, don't wait any longer and start making one today.TagsTutorial