How to create offers on a Facebook business page
Promotions, in addition to attracting new potential customers to your brand with discounts or gifts, allow you to retain the customers you already have. Increase the reach of your brand and incentivize people to try your products.
In the future, you will be able to use the data obtained from customers as contact details, to apply marketing strategies. You can even detect your type of ideal customer for the future campaign.
The first thing to keep in mind is that offers are only available for pages business . It is not allowed to promote personal profiles. You must have at least 400 likes on your business profile to create the promotion.
Once the offer is created, it cannot be changed or deleted.
Types of offers
Online offers. It is the type of promotion used by the customer to buy directly on the site or in the online store. The user can save the offer and use it later.
Offers in store. The user has the option to save the offer and use it when visiting the physical store. All Facebook offers are automatically saved in the Offers category.
Create an offer in the ad manager
- You can access the offers from the Facebook home page. From the Explore options in the left sidebar. Select the Offers option.
- Then choose the page you want to create the promotion for and click the button Create offer.
- You can also create the offer from the Fanpage you want to promote. From Ads Manager, choose Traffic, Traffic business or Conversions.
- A new window opens to create the offer, discount or promotion.
- Place the offer image. Select a photo that clearly expresses the promotional product or service you offer. Do not insert images with text.
- Enter the type of offer and the amount of the discount.
- Add the list of items or services that include the discount for your products. you can add up to 30 elements.
- You can add a description of the offer. It is not mandatory, a good catchy title can be more than enough.
- Put the Expiration date and where they can redeem it.
- Set the unique barcode for using the offer. It is not mandatory, but it is useful to have a record of the redeemed coupons.
- Add the conditions that apply to the offer. For example, if it's about online sales, explicitly specify which countries they ship to.
- Finally, click on the Create offer button. As you create the offer you can see how the offer will be shown to Facebook users.
- If you are still not satisfied with the result or want to add something else, you have the option to save the offer to publish it later.
- Select the audience, budget, location and timing of the offer.
- Click place order.
- Facebook will evaluate your promotion request and once approved will show it to Facebook users, who represent your target audience.
- If you want to avoid delays in approving ads related to offers, please see Facebook commercial policy.
Tips for your offer to be successful on Facebook
- Create offers with a clear description of what you offer and that it has all the attention in the benefit that the user gets when he buys it.
- Add eye-catching photos offers related to the product or service you are promoting.
- Specific where they can redeem the offer. Whether it's online or in a physical store to avoid confusion.
- Expiration date. Do not run promotions that take a long time, as the customer may forget the product and lose interest.
- Be clear and concise with the conditions that must be applied for the exchange of the offer.