If you want to know how to delete comments on instagram you are in the right place, because it is always necessary to know this kind of tricks that can help us out of trouble, such as simply avoiding a bad moment with a comment out insert in one of our publications, or if we have made a mistake in someone else's post on the social network.
When we want to delete a message from Instagram, it doesn't always have to do with something embarrassing, but it can also be that we have had an error in what we have written, or we have simply been able to verify that it is not correct information, it may also be that someone wrote something that was incorrect, it is related to our publication and is better delete that message so as not to generate discomfort among our followers.
Delete an Instagram message in a third-party post
The first thing we'll do is see how to delete an instagram message that we have entered, but in a third party account. As we pointed out earlier, this type of action could be the product of a mistake we made in the message and if so, it would be best to delete it.
To remove this message, follow these steps:
- Sign in to the Instagram app
- Find the profile you commented on
- Select the post you commented on
- Find the message you entered and select it with a long press
- Press the button that is located on the top right of the screen in the shape of a trash can and the message will be deleted.
If there was some interaction with your comment you will be able to find it a little faster, simply press the heart icon located at the top right of the screen and scroll down to where you see any reaction or response to your comment, this will take you directly to the message you entered and you can delete it normally with the above explanation.
Delete third party messages in my posts
If the case is you wish delete third-party messages because you consider them offensive, are unrelated to your publication, or you simply don't like what is written, you have the right to delete that message and the procedure is very similar to the previous one.
- Login to the Instagram application
- Find the post you want to delete the post on, remember it must be a post on your profile.
- Now select with a long press the message you want to delete
- Then hit the trash can button located on the top right of the screen.
Manage Instagram comments on iPhone
Whenever you want delete messages on Instagram from an iPhone, you have to do a slightly different, but equally simple procedure:
- First of all, you need to access the Instagram application from your mobile phone.
- Then select the publication in which you want to manage messages.
- You can also enter the option to see comments and you will get a view of all of them.
- This button will be available whenever there are more than two comments.
- In this step you have to slide the message you want to delete from right to left and then a floating menu will appear where you have to choose the trash can icon as seen in the image.
Limit comments on Instagram
If you simply want to prevent comments from being made on a specific post, you can restrict comments for that post upon posting. It is an option that enables the application when creating that specific content.
To limit comments on posts, follow these steps:
- Access the Instagram application from your mobile
- Press the + symbol to create a new post
- Add the content and description you want to post
- Then, before pressing to publish, find at the bottom of the screen a button with the name «Advanced settings»
- There you will see at the top of that menu that the option «Disable comments» is displayed, activate the option and then you can click on «Publish»
In this way messages will not be active for that specific publication, you will only be able to receive likes or send via private message, as well as save to a collection, but you will not be able to write to that post.
Limit comments to one person
It may be that after all this procedure, what you really want is to delete or not allow a specific user to comment on your publications and if so, what you should do is block it.
When you block someone, this will not be able to leave comments on your posts, in fact your profile will be completely hidden from that person, because when they try to look for you they will not find your account within the social network.
Blocking and limiting are not exactly the same thing, because in the second case what will really happen is that that person can keep leaving messages but you won't be able to see them, so they would still leave information you don't want in your own content.
The procedure for blocking an account is quite simple:
- Access the Instagram application, within your account.
- Then use the magnifying glass found in the second position of the lower menu
- There enter the username of the account you want to block
- Now, when you log into that profile, click on the three-dot menu located at the top right of the screen.
- Then choose the «Block» option.
From this moment on, that person will no longer be able to leave comments or contact you in any way via Instagram.
Most Interesting Articles
- best sites and apps to watch live soccer from pc tv android ios free and paid