Like other streaming services, Disney Plus ha automatic playback to make it easier for us to watch the episodes of a series. This means that when you finish watching one episode, the next one automatically starts playing.
While this has its advantages and can be very comfortable, it certainly won't be fun for you to find that you fell asleep in your chair and the series just kept moving forward without you or that you accidentally consumed all the data you had available. because you have lost track of the time spent in front of the screen.
Although Disney Plus has the automatic playback enabled by default, fortunately this can be fixed very easily, as it is possible disable auto play in a few steps.
How to disable autoplay on Disney Plus
We already know that Disney Plus can be enjoyed from different devices, operating systems and browsers; that's why we will teach you how disable automatic video playback from the different options you have to view the schedule.
Su Android, iPhone e iPad
The function of automatic playback it can be easily disabled, but it must be done in one profile at a time, there is no way to generally disable it in one step.
If you are using the app on a Disney + compatible Android phone, iPhone, iPad or tablet, you can disable the automatic playback following these steps:
- Open the Disney + application on your device and go to the bottom right corner where you will find the section Profile.
On a mobile device, you will find the profile access in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Once the section is open Profile, you have to click on the button Edit profiles.
Select "Edit Profiles".
- After selecting the profile to edit, you should look for the option Autoplay and disable it by touching the slide switch.
- Once the changes have been made, press the button Save.
To disable autoplay, slide the switch to the "Off" position, then press "Save" for the changes to take effect.
How to disable background videos on Disney +?
What are the background video on Disney +? Background videos start playing automatically when you browse app titles and leave one highlighted, intentionally or accidentally.
I background video they start playing without you clicking on one of them, this can be very annoying but luckily there is no way to disable it.
disable background videos, you have to follow steps 1 to 3 that we mentioned above, but, in addition to turning off the automatic video playback, you also need to turn off the toggle that is next to the option Background video. When finished, press the button Save.
To turn off background videos, slide the switch and then click the "Save" button.
As you can see, too disable background videos it is very easy to do.
How to disable autoplay and background videos from the Disney + website
If instead of using the application from a mobile device you are watching programming Disney Plus using a web browser on your Windows, MacOS, or Linux computer, you can disable autoplay and background videos following steps very similar to those already mentioned.
- Hover your mouse over your avatar, located in the top right corner of the screen, and click the option Edit profiles.
Click on the profile avatar and then on «Edit profiles».
- Then a click on the profile that you want to change.
Click on the profile you want to edit.
- Like the mobile app, you have to manually disable the automatic video playback, for this you do click on the switch located next to the option Automatic playback.
- disabilitare i video in background, click the switch next to Video in background.
- To finish, click the button Save.
Slide both switches to disable background video and playback. Then click on «Save».
This is all you need to do for disable autoplay and background videos from the website Disney +.
How to disable autoplay and Disney plus background videos on Apple TV, Android TV and Smart TV
Disney Plus DON'T è only available for installation on mobile devices, but you can also have it on your smart TV.
If you use a decoder or a Smart TV with the application Disney +, you can disable autoplay and background videos following these steps:
- Go to left sidebar e click on your avatar. You can find it in the upper left corner of the screen.
In the left sidebar you will find access to the profile.
- Then you need to click the button Edit profiles, in the same way as in the previous cases.
- The next step is the select the profile that you want to manually customize and disable the automatic playback of videos and background videos.
- The last step is to click the button Fine in so that the changes are saved.
Choose the profile to edit and then turn off the auto play and background video options. To finish, click on «Done».
So now you know how to prevent the next chapter in your series from automatically playing Disney Plus favorite, unless you decide for yourself. We also explained how to get rid of annoying background videos.
A detail to keep in mind is that although Disney Plus is already available in many countries, not all of them have the same options enabled, so you should check that these configuration possibilities are available in your country.
Now, you just have to follow this guide and start enjoying your programming Disney Plus favorite without problems and without interruptions.