Even sometimes when activated, it won't let you use the touch screen. Using this feature greatly changes the way Android devices are used, which is why it is normal for you to want to turn off your mobile phone's talkback.
You can make multiple configurations on your Samsung phone to be able to customize it to your liking, an example of this is the ability to change the colors of the notification bar.
What is talkback?
It is a function, screen reader, that is, it describes everything that is displayed on the mobile. It is specially made for Android users (be it Samsung, Huawei or one of their manufacturers) who have vision problems or who for some reason and at some point cannot use the screen.
This feature also allows us to talk on the phone and manage it through gestures, which is why it is necessary to know the correct use and not go crazy. It is very easy to activate and for this reason, it happens many times that it activates itself and deconfigures the order in which it is executed.
Ways to disable the talkback of your mobile
Disabling this function can be somewhat cumbersome, since, as before, once activated, the phone commands change. Likewise, in this section we will explain the two ways you can use for disable talkback on your cell phone, just so you have them at your fingertips.
Using the buttons on the device
- Press and hold i buttons of volume on the side of the phone for about three seconds or until the phone vibrates.
- If it asks for confirmation, hold again the buttons. The feature can be activated this way, so you probably started it by mistake when your mobile was in your pocket.
If you are having trouble with a button, or one of the buttons is damaged, you have the option to change the function of the physical buttons on your phone.
Through the device settings
In order to deactivate the talkback on your mobile and immediately learn i basic gestures to handle it, you need to know its commands. With one touch on the screen you can read what is present and with two you can select an option. To move around the screen, swipe your fingers from left to right. Even with two, you can move the image on the screen.
Since you know these commands, you just need to follow this path “Settings”, “Smart assistance”, “Menu di accessibility" and then click the switch “Talkback” to disable it.
Besides talkback, if you have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 phone, it will help you to know many other tricks this phone has.
What does Talkback offer?
Now that you pretty much know what it is and know how to use it, it's good that you know that this feature isn't just for making your phone say random words. Discover all these features which can serve you at any time.
- The main thing you can achieve with interactive scrolling, this means that Talkback will narrate and describe all the elements shown. This includes buttons, menus, icons, and so on.
- You can open and close applications, answer and cancel calls without problems. What comes in handy while driving. To do this, you need to place your middle finger down on the screen. Then swipe right to answer. If you want to hang up or cancel, swipe left.
- If you tend to forget your passwords, you can use talkback to remember them and have them spoken whenever you need them. Of course, with this option you have to be very aware of your environment, but you can just turn it off. To do this, in the same " Accessibility menu "Where you find the talkback option, deselect the option" Say password ".
Just as talkback helps you move around your phone more easily, you also have the Bixby virtual assistant, a product developed by Samsung.