Disabling the touch keyboard or on-screen keyboard in Windows 10 is a very simple process. Through the following tutorial we hope you can go through the process without much difficulty. On the other hand, do not confuse the activation of the virtual keyboard on the screen with what we will show you today.
Windows 10 touch keyboard
In the latest versions of Windows, being Windows 10 more specific, the touch keyboard function has been integrated, since the operating system is designed to be used also on laptops and tablets equipped with touch functions, which are achieved by activating tablet touch mode in Windows 10.
However, if you have a physical keyboard, the fact that this feature is constantly displayed could be a real annoyance. It is for this reason that today we will teach you how disable the keyboard touch or the on-screen keyboard function in the Windows 10 operating system.
How to Disable Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 - Quick and Easy
There are several ways to disable the on-screen keyboard or touch keyboard in Windows 10. You can try them all in case one of them doesn't work for you. Please read the following information we have prepared so you can disable the touch keyboard correctly.
Disable the touch keyboard with startup functions
The easiest way to disable the touch keyboard is to right-click when Windows starts and note the option “Show touch keyboard button” is enabled. The touch keyboard icon should now appear at the bottom right of the screen.
To activate or deactivate it, you just have to press twice on that small keyboard that appears in the lower right part. This way you should be able to properly disable the touch keyboard, on the other hand, if you want to leave it enabled, keep in mind that you can also change the size of the touch keyboard in Windows 10 with great ease, to adapt it to your needs.
Disable the touch keyboard from the control panel
One of the ways to successfully disable the on-screen keyboard, you can do it through the accessibility options that we will find in the classic control panel of the Windows operating system. If you want to learn how to perform this procedure in the simplest way, you just need to read the following information:
- The first thing you should do is go to the control panel, to do this press the start button and search "Control panel", once the result is displayed, click on this option.
- Among the many options that we find, you have to locate the one called "Accessibility Center" once found, click on it.
- This section shows all the accessibility options that we can access in the system. Among these options we can find “Use the computer without a wizard or keyboard”, you have to click there.
- At the top of the screen, you will find the tab "Write with a pointing device" and below is the option "Use on-screen keyboard", to properly disable the touch keyboard on the Windows 10 screen using the accessibility options, you will need to disable the option "Use on-screen keyboard".
Through the system settings
Another method by which you can successfully disable the on-screen keyboard or touch keyboard is through the system configuration options. To follow this method follow the steps we will mention below:
- The first thing to do is to go to the beginning, to write there "Settings", click on this option.
- Look for the "Accessibility" section and click on it.
- On the left side of the screen, you see more options, you need to locate the "Interaction" section and then click on the “Keyboard” option.
- At the top of the screen you will see the section “Use the device without a physical keyboard” and under the option “Use the on-screen keyboard”. Now you will have to disable this option and in this way you will completely disable the touch keyboard.
On the other hand, as you will see, the previous tutorial is designed specifically for touch devices, what if you want to install Windows on an Android mobile phone or tablet? The truth is, there are ways to perform the above procedure.