With this extension, you can brainstorm or brainstorm in Visio or create or set up a calendar in Visio. Microsoft is not far behind when it comes to offering innovative products or tools.
The organization chart solution is one of the three primary uses of Visio. This is a very old solution, but it can be used with the new data binding functionality with some caveats.
Therefore, in this article I will describe how to create or create diagrams di flow with the data capabilities in Visio Professional.
Creating an organization chart in Visio
Visio is a tool used to create solution diagrams such as organization charts, flowcharts, and floor plans. It's a good idea to create or create a basic flowchart in Visio for those who are still beginners.
It is not necessary be an artist or graphic designer for create or create an organization chart in Visio . It's fun and easy.
Creating an organization chart
- Open Microsoft Visio.
- From the File menu, point to New Corporate Organization Chart.
- When you are in the Forms Template part of the organization chart found in the section Forms, you have to slide the form up to organize.
- Once the shape is selected, you need to enter a title and name for the shape.
- From the organization chart shape template option in the shapes screen, slide a subordinate shape in first person into the top shape. This will automatically bring the two parts together into a hierarchy.
- complete the organization chart, keep dragging subordinate shapes onto higher shapes, and type a name and title for each.
Using the graphical wizard
You can use existing data, only with the Chart Wizard to create an organization chart. File formats that the Chart Wizard can read:
- Microsoft Office Excel (.xls o.xlsx).
- Microsoft Exchange server directory (the data in the Microsoft Exchange book email address).
- Text delimited by tabs or commas (.txt).
- Org Plus (.txt).
- The file for a database created in Open Database Connectivity (ODBC), which meets the requirements of a database application, such as Microsoft Office Access.
The Organization Chart Wizard must be able to identify:
- Each employee in a unique way.
- The name of each employee.
- To whom each person belongs.
Note: The way the names appear in the data file is the way they will appear in the chart organization.
Create organizational chart templates in Visio
La creation or the creating an organization chart in Visio it's a great way to represent an organization's hierarchy.
Visio provides ready-made templates to help you get started creating organizational charts.
In the next part, you will learn different aspects of creating and working with flowcharts.
Using the organization chart template
The easiest way to get started is to use a built-in organization chart template and develop it. In Visio 2016, you can find the organization chart template by accessing the New menu.
Click the Start button, click New and select the Templates tab. On the Templates tab, go to the Company category and click Organization chart.
This will open a dialog box where it is You can choose the chart to create in metric units.
Select the units you are comfortable with and click Create to load the shapes from the org chart into a new diagram.
Insert a top-level executive module
Once the graphics are created, you will notice that the Ribbon has a new Organic Graphics tab that list the shape styles you can use.
The panel Form it has all the forms you need to use in an organization chart. The shapes change according to the shape style selected on the Organization Chart tab of the ribbon.
To insert a top-level shape, drag the shape from the Executive Belt onto the canvas and align it to the center of the page.TagsTutorial