Blue screen errors are truly varied, one of them being the APC_INDEX_MISMATCH 0x00000001 error, which can take user's stress levels to an extreme level. If you don't know how to fix this error, don't worry anymore, because today we will show you how to fix APC_INDEX_MISMATCH error 0X00000001 in Windows 10.
What is the APC_INDEX_MISMATCH error 0X00000001 and what causes it
The APC_INDEX_MISMATCH error 0X00000001 is one of the blue screen errors most seen by users in Windows 10. This error is usually caused by some of your PC's audio, video and graphics drivers being outdated, incompatible or damaged, resulting in APC_INDEX_MISMATCH 0X00000001 error.
This bug is said to be triggered because there is a mismatch in the index of APC health and solving it can be a bit of a chore for many.
More surely, it is said that this error can be caused by various reasons including the following reasons:
- This is mainly due to the PC drivers configure so false, damaged or out of date
- Missing or corrupted system files can cause this error
- Registry keys and databases are severely damaged
- Windows file corruption due to infection of the PC by malware and computer viruses of any kind; it can also be due to bad RAM
- Problems with installing new hardware
How to fix APC_INDEX_MISMATCH error 0X00000001 in Windows 10
Method 1: reinstall the graphics driver
- This is a good method that will work in case the error is caused by problems with the PC graphics controller. To reinstall it, the first thing you need to do is locate the Run dialog box, by pressing the Windows + R keys at the same time.
- In the Run box you have to type the command msc and press Enter ; this will open the Device Manager of the PC.
- You need to locate and click the one called Display Adapters to view the driver, then right click on the driver and click Uninstall.
- A window will then appear to confirm uninstallation, in which you need to check the Delete the driver software for this device box and then press the OK button.
- After that, open the Run window again but this time type the command msconfig and press the Enter key on your keyboard. Then in the window that appears, go to the Startup section and uncheck the Safe Boot box and finally click the OK button.
- Finally, you need to restart your system and the graphics driver will automatically install without errors, allowing you to fix the APC_INDEX_MISMATCH 0X00000001 error.
Method 2: disable Realtek HD Audio Manager
Sometimes this method to disable Realtek HD Audio Manager is what can help fix the annoying APC_INDEX_MISMATCH 0X00000001 error, so let's see how to do it.
You must first open the Task Manager, which you can locate by placing “Task Manager” in the Windows Start search bar. Then go to the tab Launch within the admin and you will see the application list available at startup where you need to locate Realtek HD Audio Manager, then right click on it and you need to press Disable.
If the Realtek HD Audio Manager application does not appear in the application list, you need to disable all applications from Windows 10.
Finally, exit the Task Manager and proceed to restart your PC and check that the problem is resolved.
Method 3: Check system files for errors
- If the system files are corrupted, it can cause the error that affects you, so you should check this; To do this, tap on the Windows key, type cmd, right-click on the option and select Run as administrator.
- Now, at the command prompt type sfc / scannow and press the Enter key, then wait a few seconds for this command to locate and view the corrupted files on your PC.