WhatsApp has been the most popular messaging network in the world for several years, and thanks to the features it has developed during this time, this application is preferred by the vast majority of users. Find out here how to recover deleted whatsapp from another mobile.
Many people are unaware of the tools WhatsApp and their mobile phones have to restore deleted messages and even chat rooms. However, there are often situations where a person accidentally deletes messages or for some reason and later realizes that they need that data, and if you work on repairing cellphones, you also benefit from being able to recover the data.
Fortunately, however, this is also possible regardless of the age of the conversation, as the data could easily be saved. Or via the use of Google Drive backup, via the alert log or even by some applications designed for it and showing very good results.
How to recover deleted WhatsApp from another mobile and yours?
Here we want to inform you about the procedures you need to follow to recover both individual chat messages and complete conversations in this instant messaging application so that you can have the information you need and that you accidentally deleted on your Android or iPhone device.
We will also teach you to view and read deleted messages from another WhatsApp user you are talking to; this is of great interest since there are usually people who can be victims of deleted messages that end up filled with thousands of questions.
Recover the most recent deleted messages on WhatsApp
The first thing you should do is follow a procedure to recover deleted WhatsApp from your mobile, theoretically the most recent of this application. Thus, you need to systematize each of the steps, depending on the operating system of your mobile device.
1- Restore a backup on Android
The easiest and most used alternative to return messages that you or someone else has recently deleted from WhatsApp is to use a backup on your Android mobile. To do this, you must periodically configure a backup copy in the application and save it there so that in case of a situation it is already anticipated and you know that it can be restored without complications.
So if you don't know how to do it, you need to do the following:
- Log into your instant messaging app account and click the three dots in the upper right corner to select the option Settings.
- Once you enter Settings, you need to click Chat.
- Then you need to click Backup to create a backup right now.
- However, you can also log in at this point Google Drive settings to connect your Gmail account to Google Drive and be able to save your WhatsApp conversations. Likewise, you are offered several timeslots to choose from when you want to make a copy (never, only when you click Save, daily, weekly or monthly).
Now, with the above process, you can start recovering your recently deleted messages by following a few very simple steps. Now do this:
- First you have to uninstall the application from your terminal, this is done for start the application from scratch and have the App show you the saved copy.
- So after this, you have to download and reinstall it via Google Play Store.
- Once the download process is complete, log in to the app and click on the option to restore your message history. It's exactly where it says Restore.
- Finally, wait for your mobile to complete the reset, at which point you will have all the messages you sent and deleted from there again. If they don't appear it is because they have already been deleted for more than seven days (this is the only limitation that the method shows).
As for how to recover deleted WhatsApp from another mobile using this method, it is very complicated since you should have that other person's phone with you for a while.
2- Restore messages to an iPhone/iOS
In order to be able to recover deleted messages from the application on iPhone or any iOS device, you need to configure WhatsApp directly to be able to save conversations.
The step-by-step instruction is very simple and we will cover it in detail below:
- You have to enter the application and access the Settings.
- After selecting this option, go to Chat to find the option Backup cat.
- By entering this selection, the application offers you an alternative choice of backup times for recover deleted messages. This way you can choose between daily, weekly, monthly or never. And you can also specify if you want to archive video files as well. However, if you access it, it will probably take up a lot of space and you will need to recover all your data.
- Finally, uninstall the app and download it again on your mobile device. When you log back in, you'll receive deleted messages (they can't be more than seven days old, in which case they won't be recovered).
How to restore older deleted WhatsApp messages?
If you understand that you need to delete certain information from WhatsApp and that the seven day limit to use the above procedures has already passed for each operating system, there are other alternatives. These are slightly more complex tools, but they are considered very useful.
These are the methods that should be performed:
1- Restore Messages to Android
Although it is a somewhat cumbersome and risky procedure, since the most recent messages can be deleted, it is better to receive old messages that have already been deleted from WhatsApp.
Here's what you should do on your Android terminal:
- First you need to copy all the information that exists in the folder WhatsApp/Database; if you don't know where to find it, you just have to insert the RAM or the external memory of the mobile, which depends on how you configured it from the start.
- Now you need to paste the same folder on your computer (in a new folder), and then proceed to uninstall the application.
- Next, you need to go to the folder that was created on your PC and delete the file there specifying this identifier: crypt7 o msgstore.db.crypt8. At this stage, it is important to be extremely careful and try not to make a mistake.
- Time you can choose the backup you want to restore and as soon as you find it, rename the original msgstore-Year-Month-Day.1.db.crypt7 in crypt7.
- After performing these steps, restart and install WhatsApp on your device, but don't open it yet.
- After installation, connect your mobile to computer with a USB cable and copy crypt7 su WhatsApp/Database all'interno di Android.
Finally, you will be able to access the platform and once you click on Restore you will be able to see all the old messages and find the one you need.
2- Restore messages to iPhone/iOS from iCloud
The steps to recover recently deleted messages on this platform, if you have an iPhone or any iOS device, are the same as for Android. Therefore, the only thing that will change is that to back up your chat history, you must first have an iCloud account.
Therefore, you must have iOS 5.1 or later on your device, and once you have access to iCloud, you must activate Documents and data in the settings menu of the mobile device and enter the option there iCloud.
We recommend that you have enough space in your iCloud account to restore and save your app's chat history, since the speed of the process depends on this and your internet connection.
In addition to the above, you must set up your platform account so that all information can be stored; otherwise it will be useless to have iCloud on your iPhone to do this task. Here are the steps to do it:
- Log into your WhatsApp account and select Settings
- From there, select Chat and click Backup chat
In this sense, you just have to start recovering deleted conversations after specifying and verifying that iCloud backup is activated. Then, do the following:
- Uninstall the WhatsApp app on your iPhone or any iOS device
- Access the app store to download and reinstall the messaging app
- Then confirm your phone number (obviously it must be the same number you specified when backing up).
Now, when you open the app, click on the option Restore backup and after downloading it, you will get back the conversations you lost by mistake.
Read also: How to have two Whatsapp accounts on the same mobile phone
Restore deleted WhatsApp conversations and entire chats
In addition to the method that we specified in the previous section, there is an option that shows the application itself from which you can save and restore entire chat rooms that had once been eliminated.
Favorably, it lets you do this regardless of the age of these conversations or when they were deleted, and it's also OS-agnostic, meaning it's an ideal recommendation for Android and iOS users. This can be achieved with the following procedure:
- Sign in to the WhatsApp app on your device
- Go up Settings o Settings to click Chat
- Once entered Chat, click your Chat backup to save all your chats. As we have already indicated, you can choose when to copy and determine whether you want to save the videos sent to you or the ones you send through the platform.
On the other hand, Android users have another alternative because most of them usually rely on an external SD memory. Since the process is extremely simple, we will now specify the steps for you:
- Enter your mobile settings and then go to the option Memory.
- Now go on SD card of your smartphone and find the WhatsApp application
- Once you find it in the list, go to the database where you will see a folder called: cryptfile. Since all sent and received messages are stored in this file, you can find entire conversations that you have deleted by mistake or for any reason.
- Finally, open this file with a text editor and you will see all your deleted chats.
It should be noted that this method allows you to recover deleted messages and conversations on the specified platform, which covers only seven days.
However, as for iOS users, they can do this procedure using the tools provided by iCloud via the backups that can be created there (it also has the ability to archive entire conversations). This process for doing this is the same as we recommend for restoring old deleted messages in the WhatsApp application.
You can also read: How to send WhatsApp messages without having the contact registered
How to view and read deleted messages from another person?
If what you want is to know how to recover deleted WhatsApp from another mobile that was sent to you, this is the method you were looking for. There were many problems when the WhatsApp tool that allows you to delete messages after they have been sent to another user was deleted.
But fortunately, there are several methods that allow you to see what those messages contained, and thus put an end to the mystery that was probably after.
Here are some alternatives you can use:
1- In the notification log.
This is a recommendation to all the users of the Android system which although it is true can be considered one of the operating systems that like the most to hide the settings from the users and one of them is the Notification log.
This is a feature built into Android itself, which you can't access automatically or through the menu. It is also not available on all versions of Android, as it is at least compatible with version 6 of it.
Keep in mind that you can access them with additional applications, but there is a way to do it with the smartphone tools themselves. Try following these steps to do it:
- Access the home screen and click for a few seconds in the empty space until you see the editor desktop. To do this, select widget.
- Next, find the settings category and hold the icon until it allows you to drop it on any blank area of the screen.
- This will open a new window where you will find several options to specifically select the one you want. To find the notification log, go to this menu and click on it.
- From there, go back to the desktop and insert the already restored icon and start reading the notification log.
In this way you will be able to see the application's system and instant messaging messages. Once you have that, read what the other user sent you and delete it immediately.
To do this, find that person's message in your notification log, open it and click on "android.text" to see what they wrote.
2- Through applications
There are also applications that can restore» messages deleted by another user on the platform, some of these:
1- What was removed+
This App has a very simple interface, but it is a dubious app from a privacy point of view because it can be seen as a breach of security by another user, violating what they previously chose to hide. Still, it's a great alternative to reading and saving app notifications on your smartphone, as well as typing any messages you receive.
In this way, you can see all the files that have been deleted, be it text, photos, audio or even video. The limitation it represents is that it does not save the sender's name and it does not work if the conversations are silent or if the mobile does not have an Internet connection.
Scarica WhatsRemoved+ per Android
2- Nova Launcher
This is an application that can be used to access the notification log via a shortcut. It provides you with backups and tools to restore whatever you want, especially when it comes to desktop settings and launch tool.
As for the operation, you need to access the option widget present on the home screen of any Android device and long click on Activities and then put it on the home screen.
Next, we'll show you what to do; go up Settings and click the icon, then tap Notification log and create a link to the notification log. In this way, you can see and read messages deleted by other users in the application.
Scarica Nova Launcher per Android
You can also use the WAMR « Recover deleted messages, download status«, which allows you to recover deleted WhatsApp messages from your contacts. Its job is simple enough and it does a great job, although the only problem is that you can't choose which deleted messages to recover, instead it restores them all indiscriminately.
It's a good alternative that you can access for free from the official Android store, although you might be a little concerned about the application's advertising, which can be quite invasive. With it, you can recover not only messages, but also media files from your chat rooms; It is also not available for iOS devices.
Download WAMR for Android
Most Interesting Articles
- best sites and apps to watch live soccer from pc tv android ios free and paid