Facebook has acquired Instagram in 2012, however, only recently did a "From Facebook" message appear on the Instagram upload screen. Long before that, Facebook users were able to link their accounts to their Instagram pages. This simplifies simultaneous swapping and simplifies many other things.
However, getting double Instagram message notifications from both Instagram and Facebook can be annoying. If you don't care too much about linked accounts, unlinking Facebook from Instagram might be the best option. Discover how to unlink your facebook from instagram
How to unlink Facebook from your Instagram account step by step
Step 1): open Instagram. It's the purple, red, and orange camera icon usually found on your home screen. If you don't see it there, tap the apps icon (usually 6-9 squares in a circle) to find it in your app drawer.
- If you have not yet made the accesso to Instagram, do it now.
Step 2): tap the profile icon. It's the gray outline of a head and shoulders in the lower right corner of the screen.
Step 3): tap. It's located in the upper right corner of the screen.
Step 4): Scroll down and tap Linked Accounts. It is located under the header "Settings".
Step 5): Tap the checkmark next to Facebook. A popup window will appear.
Step 6): tap Not now.
Step 7): touching Unplug. A confirmation window will appear.
Step 8): tap Unlink again to confirm. Your Facebook account is no longer connected to Instagram.
Most people access the social media via your smartphone or tablet. In fact, the desktop web version of the Instagram app is more or less redundant. And while people tend to use Facebook on their mobile devices as well, it's not uncommon for some to access their Facebook pages using their Mac or PC.
Here's how to unlink your Facebook account from Instagram.
From your Mac or PC:
Until about a year ago, Facebook users could unlink their Instagram accounts from desktop web browsers on PC or Mac computers. Unfortunately, that option no longer exists. If you take a look at the Settings page on Facebook, you will see that the Instagram tab is missing from the list on the left. Then unlink your Facebook account from your page Instagram it's impossible from the Facebook desktop website.
What about the Instagram website? You can remove the two from there? Well unfortunately not. At least not from the site itself.
face it. The only way to unlink Facebook and Instagram it is via the mobile/tablet app.
From your iOS or Android
Let's make one thing clear. Do not try to do this through the Facebook application. There is no option that allows you to disconnect your Facebook account and Instagram page from Facebook.
In fact, the only way to disconnect the two is to use the Instagram app and on mobile or tablet platforms. You can of course do this via an iPhone or Android device and it works in much the same way.
- Open your Instagram profile: log in all’app Instagram and tap your profile picture to sign in to your account.
- Tap the menu icon: go to the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) and tap the icon.
- Select Settings
- Touch "Account": look for the item Account and touch to enter it.
- Tap Linked Accounts.
- Tap «Facebook»: on the next page, you will see a list of social media services which can be linked/linked to your Instagram account. Facebook will be on top. Tap the Facebook entry.
- Tap «Unlink»: go to Unlink (Android) or Unlink account (iPhone).
- Confirm: Select Yes, Disconnect to confirm.
- You have successfully unlinked your Facebook and Instagram accounts.
How to delete instagram posts from facebook
Even after unlinking the two, you will notice that your Facebook profile will include some Instagram posts. This is because you have selected the option that allows you to share all the posts you share on Instagram on Facebook as well.
The fact that you have unplugged yours Facebook profile and your Instagram page means that your Instagram posts will no longer be automatically shared on Facebook. However, that doesn't mean that your previous Instagram-linked posts will be deleted.
This is because all previously shared posts were automatically converted to Facebook posts. They become separate entities from their Instagram twins. That means things like comments, shares, and likes don't translate between the two. This also applies to removal.
To remove Instagram posts from Facebook, you'll need to delete them manually. Clearly, this is done from your Facebook account, not Instagram.
- Using the Android app / iOS: Launch the Facebook app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Open your Facebook profile: Access your profile by tapping the profile icon in the top/bottom menu of the screen (depending on whether you're using an Android or iOS device respectively).
- Alternatively, go to the Facebook home screen and tap your profile picture next to the post status bar at the top of the page.
- Click on “Photos”: Once on your profile, you will need to go to the Instagram Photos album, to do this, scroll down your profile page until you see the item Photos.
- Tap it and you'll see a list of your photos.
- Click on «Albums»: At the top of this page you will be able to choose between different folders. Go to the Albums folder.
- Open the Instagram photo album: In this view, access a folder titled Instagram Photos. You will see a list of your Instagram posts.
- To remove these posts, tap each photo separately, go to the three-dot menu.
- Select Delete Photos.
This can be a bit annoying, especially if you have a lot of photos in the album. Luckily, there's another way to do this.
Using your desktop web browser, you can quickly delete your entire Instagram Photos folder, without having to go through repetitive deleting patterns.
To do this, go to Facebook.com in your favorite browser. It doesn't matter if you stay by logging in with a PC or Mac device. Now, whether you're using Facebook's Classic Mode or Facebook's New Mode, things work pretty much the same. Go to your profile by selecting it from the list on the left or by clicking on your profile picture next to the status entry bar.
Go up Facebook.com in your favorite browser. It doesn't matter whether you log in using a PC or a Mac device. Whether you're using Facebook's Classic Mode or Facebook's New Mode, things work pretty much the same.
- Open your Facebook profile: go to your profile by selecting it from the list on the left or by clicking on your profile picture next to the status input bar.
- Click on "Photos": on your profile page, you will see a quick list of things about you. If the Photos menu appears, select See all on the right. Otherwise, go to the More tab and select Photos.
- Click Albums: Go to the Albums tab. You will also find the folder here Photo on Instagram.
- Click on Instagram photos.
- Click on the three dot menu for delete the album: To remove it completely, go to the three-dot icon on the right and select Delete album.
- Confirm by clicking Delete Album.
- Here it is! All the Instagram posts: removed from your Facebook profile!
How can I change the linked Instagram account?:
Well, you can connect multiple Facebook Pages and a Facebook profile to your Instagram account. Facebook Pages are linked to accounts, so any Facebook account you link to Instagram will also bring the involved Pages to the table.
Now, to change the Facebook account connected to your Instagram, disconnect the current one and connect the new one, scrupulously following the instructions described.
However, you can choose where you want the Instagram posts you share to appear. By switching to linked accounts in your Instagram app (as explained above), on Facebook, go to Share on.
Here you can select whether you want the simultaneous actions to appear on the linked Facebook profile or on one of the pages linked to that Facebook profile. Select what suits your preferences.
Will disconnecting Instagram from Facebook delete Facebook posts?
As mentioned above, no, it won't. The fact that you unplugged yours account Instagram da Facebook it doesn't mean that Facebook posts will be removed. As explained above, this is because the moment your Instagram post is automatically shared to Facebook, it becomes a kind of separate entity. In other words, it becomes a Facebook post that can only be manually removed from Facebook.
Why can I only unlink Facebook from Instagram using the Instagram app?
There were options that allowed users to log out of their Facebook accounts from Instagram using their desktop browser and Facebook app/website. However, this is impossible now, you can only do it using Instagram.
There are many speculations as to the reason behind this. While no one can confirm it, there are rumors that Facebook made this move to encourage people to use Instagram as a base app. It has definitely become more popular than Facebook and is here to stay.
If you're wondering why you can only perform this action through the Instagram app, well, that's pretty clear. They want people to comply to the Instagram mobile app, which isn't very useful for Instagram on desktop.
Do I have to unlink everything?:
The use of social networks it has become a skill in itself. Some people prefer your Instagram posts to be re-shared on Facebook, while others would like to keep things separate. This also applies to other platforms connected to Instagram. Use Instagram to your advantage and it will know if you need to unlink/link and what you need.
While Instagram is now under the Facebook umbrella, there may still be a reason why you prefer to unlink the two. Maybe you don't want yours Facebook page . is cluttered. Maybe you're posting different types of content about the two. Whatever the reason, if you're using the right platform, unlinking Facebook from Instagram is quick and easy. Keep the Instagram app and you'll be fine.
Most Interesting Articles
- best sites and apps to watch live soccer from pc tv android ios free and paid