Photos from here, videos from there, documents from elsewhere… WhatsApp is a platform where images, audio and other types of documents are constantly being sent, especially in large groups.
In the case of the phone, WhatsApp photos are automatically saved in the phone gallery and it is very easy to organize them as they are stored in a folder called "WhatsApp Images". However, things get complicated when you use WhatsApp Web.
When using WhatsApp from your computer, you just need to click on an image or document to see it, but that doesn't mean it's saved on your device. Next, we will tell you what you should do for save your photos and WhatsApp documents on your PC.
Before we get into this topic, we will also see how transfer on the computer those photos and WhatsApp documents that you already have on your mobile. Here we are.
Find out how to save WhatsApp photos and documents when you use it on your PC.
How to transfer WhatsApp photos and documents from mobile to PC
As mentioned above, when you download an image or document from WhatsApp to your mobile, it is saved directly in the phone's memory.
However, it is on the computer where it usually is we save the files to keep them for the future or to upload them to cloud storage platforms.
transfer the WhatsApp files you have on your mobile to your PC to save them there, follow these steps:
- Connect your mobile to the PC with a USB cable and, in the first, enable file transfer.
- The most normal thing is that the folder of the connected mobile phone opens automatically on the PC. If not, go to Team and click on your phone.
- Click on "Internal memory" o “SD card” a depending on where you save all WhatsApp files.
- Find the folder "Whatsapp" and open it. Then go to the folder “Media”.
- Copy the “WhatsApp Pictures” and “WhatsApp Documents” folders and paste them on your computer. Wait the necessary time to transfer the files and voila, you will have already transferred the WhatsApp images and documents that you had on your mobile to your PC.
How to save photos and documents to PC from WhatsApp Web
If you regularly use WhatsApp Web but don't know how to save the photos and documents you receive directly to your computer memory, then you will find out how to do it.
This is a particularly simple process, as the web version of the messaging platform has a button dedicated only to download files. Thanks to this process you will be able to save WhatsApp photos and documents on your PC and thus avoid having to transfer them from one device to another as we saw in the previous point.
But let's not go any further, these are the steps you need to follow for save your photos and documents to your PC from WhatsApp Web:
- Open WhatsApp Web on your computer.
- Enter the conversation in which the image or document you want to download was shared.
- Click on the image you want to save on your PC, then click the download button in the upper right corner. The photo will automatically be saved to your computer, probably in the "Downloads" folder. In the case of documents, click on download button that appears next to the file itself in the chat.
In this way you can store the multimedia contents you receive on WhatsApp Web directly on your computer and, if you want, upload them from there to a cloud storage service not to lose them even if the PC stops working.
Remember you can too automatically save your WhatsApp photos in Google Photos and, thus, avoid the intermediate step which involves saving first on the device and then uploading it to the cloud. One way or another, it is interesting to learn how to protect the important content we receive via WhatsApp.