Windows 11 is already a reality and the most normal thing is that you want to test it on your computer to confirm if its news is as good as it sounds, like installing and running android apps. The reality is that this version of the software won't reach computers until the end of 2021, but you can test it before launch thanks to the Windows Insider program.
Of course Windows 11 isn't available for all computers, yours must meet a number of minimum requirements to be able to update. In this guide, we specify what those conditions are to be met and what steps you need to follow to upgrade your computer to Windows 11.
Your computer must meet certain requirements to upgrade to Windows 11.
What requirements your computer must meet
Windows 24 was officially unveiled on June 11, but the operating system won't reach computers until the end of the year. without a precise date being specified yet. What we do know are the minimum requirements your computer must meet in order to enjoy this news.
These are requirements that must be present on your computer to upgrade to Windows 11:
- Il processor must have 2 or more cores of 1 GHz or higher and must be 64-bit compatible.
- Your computer needs one RAM at least 4 GB.
- With regard to the internal memory, must be 64GB or more.
- Il firmware must be UEFI and with Secure Boost support.
- Il TPM must be compatible with Trusted Platform Module 2.0.
- With regard to the Graphic card, it must be compatible with DirectX 12 or later and have the WDDM 2.0 driver.
- Lo screen it must have a minimum diagonal of 9 inches, with 720 high definition pixels and 8 bits per color channel.
- Upgrading to Windows 11 requires a Internet connection and a Microsoft user account.
These requirements make Windows 11 have clear limits to its arrival on computers. For example, those 4GB of RAM and those 64GB of free internal storage. Additionally, there is another procedure you can follow to determine your computer's compatibility with Windows 11.
How to know if your computer is compatible with Windows 11
Microsoft has a tool that is used to easily check your computer's compatibility with Windows 11. It's called Microsoft PC Health Check and it is a program that you can download for free from the company's website.
Open the installation file and accept the terms of the license agreement to install the program on your computer. Then, open it and you will access the main screen of the PC Status Check, which contains a specific section for compatibility with Windows 11. You just have to click on "Check now". In seconds, the program it will tell you whether or not your computer can upgrade to Windows 11.
How to upgrade your computer to Windows 11
If everything is correct and you can upgrade your computer to Windows 11, you need to be part of the Windows Insider program to test the new version right away. To test Windows 11 before anyone else, follow these steps:
- Go to the Windows Insider website.
- Sign up with your Microsoft account, it must be the same one associated with your computer.
- Check that your computer is compatible reviewing the minimum requirements or using Microsoft PC Health Check.
- Install Windows 11. The trial version is not yet available, it will take a few weeks. However, if you are enrolled in the Windows Insider Program, it will download as a regular version to your computer when available.
As you can see, the key is to be a part of the Windows Insider Program. So, if you want to enjoy what's new in Windows 11 before anyone else, sign up and wait for the trial version to be available.
Most Interesting Articles
- best sites and apps to watch live soccer from pc tv android ios free and paid