When browsing the Internet, two speeds are always used, which in most cases you do not realize as a user, because it is an automatic process: The download speed and the speed of upload "The symmetrical fiber" .
The speed of download for free is used by the system when discharges i your favorite movies and videos, listen to music or browse any page on the web. And when you upload photos or voice notes to your WhatsApp or other social networks, your "driving clouds" or online games, the system uses the speed of loading.
So far, everything is going great! But it gets a little tricky when that favorite movie or urgent file for your boss turns, turns, turns and nothing reaches 100% of execution. So, you rushed to call your service provider to fix And what usually happens?
More doubts remain when words like: "Symmetrical fiber or asymmetrical optical fiber, etc." But don't worry, we have come to help you understand what these terms mean and what advantages and disadvantages characterize them. So that later you can decide which Internet connection fiber to choose and thus not waste your savings.
What is symmetrical fiber?
The symmetrical fiber, as the name suggests, it refers to the download speed equal or equal to the upload speed. For example, if you buy an internet plan with 1GB download, it will also include 1GB upload in your network connection speed. And how does it benefit you? And what was it like before? We will answer this last question a little later.
Advantages and benefits of symmetrical fiber
However, our lifestyle has changed over the past 20 years and today we need upload speed as well. For example, if you want to upload photos, videos or want to work as a YouTuber. Symmetrical fiber offers these advantages:
- Make video conferences fluid with Skype or Zoom .
- to have "luxuries" in the house, like HD, 4K, Netflix, etc. television signal need more bandwidth for both upload and download.
- It serves for yours telework fluid. To mount a large amount of content on the Internet, the sooner it is uploaded, the better. To play on the most advanced game console and in streaming without interruptions.
- The entire house connected to the internet and managed via voice command: intelligent lights, intelligent surveillance camera, intelligent thermostat to maintain the ideal temperature for the animal and serve food when traveling, via voice command connected to the WI-FI from the mobile phone.
Another advantage is that distributes the bandwidth evenly between all devices, so that they work efficiently even at the same time.
Optical fiber (asymmetric or FTTH (Fiber-To-The-Home))
Who remembers the beginning of the internet will agree that with the asymmetrical fiber one had to disconnect one of the landline phones in the house to connect the modem (but this was resolved shortly after).
- The PC operating system took about 10 minutes to boot.
- If you received a call or someone took an auxiliary phone in the house, the connection stopped .
- Likewise, they will remember that more megabytes of downloads were needed, because what we did the most was download songs, videos, games, etc. To give an example: if you bought a 100 MB plan, it meant they were 100 MB in download and 10 MB in upload ...
We hardly consider the more interesting aspects of how much the processes have improved Internet connection. It is good to find out what type of connection our service provider uses, so that you can make better decisions.
Stay tuned to this wonderful digital age in a simple and practical way, as it is our habit to publish them in short articles like these.
Most Interesting Articles
- best sites and apps to watch live soccer from pc tv android ios free and paid