It is very important to consider how to perform this process. Not just because it helps us protect several PDF files; but because it is extremely simple and I can assure you that in a few seconds you will know set a password on a PDF file.
To perform this process we will use Word. Which is a program we all have installed on our computers, but if you don't have it, you'll need to download the Microsoft Word program. With Word we will not lose the format we have in a PDF file. You can even learn a convert Word files to PDF with this simple tutorial.
We will see step by step how to proceed for add a password to a PDF in just a few steps. Anyone, regardless of whether they have in-depth knowledge of PDF, can apply this tutorial in minutes.
Set password for PDF file for free
On many occasions it happens that we have a file in Word format and we want to pass it to PDF. Also adding a password so that specific people can see the contents of the file.
In turn, if you don't have a Word document you want to convert to PDF, it does not matter. As Word is perfectly capable of opening any PDF file without losing absolutely anything in the process.
Therefore, we will use Word, which is a fairly complete and simple program for setting a password on a PDF file. As an extra you learn to change the format if necessary.
- Let's open the Word file in question.
- Let's go up " Save with name…"
- Once we're here, we can choose where we want to save him. The important thing is the bar that appears under the name of the file, the one that says " Type ".
- In the bar " Market ”We will choose the format. Choose the format " PDF ”And you will see several options appear at the bottom.
- Among these options we press the button that says " Opzioni ... ”And a new window opens.
- In this window if you look down we have to score " Encrypt the document with a password ". You simply have to check this option and accept it.
- When we do this, another window appears where we can add password we want, we have to repeat it to confirm and once finished we simply press " OK ".
- Now what we do is save it as we normally would and a sign appears warning us that the file is password protected. Just click on " Yes " to confirm.
- So in order to access this file it will be necessary to indicate the password. If you do not enter the correct password, you will not be able to access this new PDF document.
How to add a password to a PDF file
It's that easy add a password to a PDF file. As you can see with Word it is extremely simple and no one who does not know the password will be able to use the file in question. In turn, converting a Word document to PDF is a matter of seconds and the format is kept without any kind of loss.
It is a fairly simple method as most have Office installed on your computer. So you don't need to download multiple programs or use any kind of web application to get the password of a PDF file.TagsTutorial