There are programs that simply don't deserve to live on your computer. Either because they do not respect the functions or tools they promise to make available to their users or because they may contain highly harmful elements for your computer. That's why today we're going to talk about MacKeeper and how to uninstall and remove annoying pop-up windows.
Just like on the web you can find a large number of tools to cover the needs you have when doing work on your computer. Many of these programs can contain malware or viruses that you will need to delete later because they will become a real headache.
System operativo Mac OS
The entire range of Apple devices stood out for the following: its software goes all out for not to compromise the safety of its users, implementing tools to optimize the security indexes of your data.
However, just as you can innovate in security measures, you also innovate to circumvent them. In this sense, not even one of the safest software like Mac OS saves itself from this kind of situation.
One of those programs that made the lives of many Mac users bitter was MacKeeper. In theory, this program should help you optimize the security and integrity of your computer's system functions through its anti-malware functions, as well as having tools that will improve your computer's performance.
But the reality is very different. Several analyzes have tried to verify the veracity of MacKeeper's functions, reaching the conclusion that compromises the security of your computer on which it was installed.
MacKeeper hasn't always been a program that has received so many negative reviews, but users who use Mac computers have been complaining for some time. Not only the excessive amount of intrusive advertising on your computers, but also a greater degree of difficulty uninstalling the program than uninstalling any application or program.
What consequences can it bring?
The installation of the program, depending on its version, leaves a certain amount of files or files that the system may recognize as malicious. How can they affect your computer? The answer, immediately:
- First, install other programs that make "security" backups such as ZipCloud. This program also enjoyed a certain reputation, but after the inconveniences presented by MacKeeper, it is speculated that this program could be used to send your information to third parties.
- It can install extensions in your browser without your consent.
- Indicates that the your Mac is not protected and to ensure the security of your information you must subscribe to one of its Premium plans.
- And last but not least, the most obvious evidence that MacKeeper is affecting your computer is the extremely annoying aspect of intrusive ad pop-ups when you use your browser.
Does the troubleshooting go through uninstalling this program? Sure, but, as noted above, this process could be much more difficult than it should be. For your peace of mind, here are several ways to make sure your Mac is completely free of MacKeeper.
Using other apps
If, unfortunately, you have fallen into the trap of uninstalling MacKeeper, one of the alternatives to get rid of it would be through other free tools available to Mac users.
- One such tool is AppCleaner, which, through its analysis tools, will allow you to locate and uninstall the various malicious MacKeeper files. It is an extremely easy to use application.
- Malwarebytes is a free tool that can also help you locate, delete all files and uninstall MacKeeper from your browser.
Finally, it is recommended to log in to the browser and review the list of installed extensions. If you see something that you suspect has been installed by MacKeeper, remove it.
Now you know how to uninstall and remove MacKeeper stormy pop-ups. As well as the worry of having malware compromising the functioning of your Mac and the integrity of your files. The final recommendation is refrain from installing this program to avoid these hassles.TagsMac