Winrar the file compression and splitting tool
Winrar is one of the most popular applications for compressing files and saving some space in situations that justify it. Undoubtedly, much of its popularity is due to the fact that the service is practically provided for free and you can get it directly from its official website .
It's one of those apps that should be installed on pretty much any computer, as compression tools are very common, especially when files are shared over the internet.
Separare i file con Winrar
The Winrar application is not only used to compress files, at the same time it integrates several very useful functions, such as the division into parts of compressed files. A feature that can be very useful in certain circumstances.
Compressing and splitting files into parts is especially useful if you don't have a device with large storage space. A clear example is when copying very large files to a Fat32 USB. With this method, you can use multiple Pendrives, for example, if none have the ability to store the file in its original size.
If you ask yourself how to split files using Winrar application, read the following guide carefully.
How to split or compress Winrar files into several parts - Quick and easy
Winrar is an application characterized by being quite intuitive and easy to use, which is why most of the processes are very easy to perform. Likewise, splitting files into parts is very easy, read the following tutorial to do it quickly.
Compress files in parts
- The first thing to do is locate the file or the folder you want to compress and split into parts.
- Now right click on the point a contextual menu will appear (the classic Windows one) the options related to the Winrar application should appear, click on what it says Add to file ...
- The Winrar compression options will appear on the screen. Here you need to locate one of the last, the one called Leave in volumes of…
- In the small box located to the right of the option you can switch between bytes, kilobytes, megabytes and kilobytes. It is recommended to select the megabyte option (MB).
- Set the file size of each part, we recommend it be less than 3,7 gigabytes (this way it will be compatible with FAT32 file systems).
- Click on the option Accept and wait for the compression process to complete.
On the other hand, even at the time of compression you can put a password to your Winrar file, which is recommended to protect your privacy and data.
How to unzip an archive into Winrar parts
Now that you know how to compress a file into parts with the Winrar application, you should also learn a unzip that document. The process is fairly straightforward, but it's best to be aware in case you need to access these files.
- The first thing to do is to locate the folder or place where the parts of the file are located. Remember that all parts must be in the same folder or location.
- Right click on the first part of the compressed file and now click on the option Extract here.
- The decompression process will begin which may take some time (depending on the size of the compressed file and the power of your computer).
Keep in mind that sometimes errors may appear when unzipping files into parts, but fortunately it is very easy to fix the CRC error when unzipping in Winrar, which is one of the most common problems.