On many occasions it happens to want to share a group of files via email ; but attacking them one by one takes a long time. For situations like this, the ideal is to use a program to compress and divide the files into several parts, they can be RAR or ZIP; which allows us to reduce their size and group them into a single file. If you receive a compressed file on your mobile, what are the best applications to open RAR files?
How does a file compressor work?
Compression applications analyze the selected file, they find its redundancies and eliminate them ; Despite the reduction in size, this does not lead to a loss of quality. Compression efficiency is measured by its compression ratio (RC), for example 10: 1 means that for every 10 bits of the original file 1 bit will be generated in the new one.
What is a RAR file?
ZIP and RAR are the most popular compressed file extensions in the world, they were launched on the market in 1991 and 1993 respectively; Although ZIP files can be compressed faster and you can even encrypt them or put a password in the folder, the RAR files have a better compression algorithm which makes their compression ratio or RC more efficient.
The acronym RAR stands for Roshal ARchive in English, and is a format developed by the Russian engineer Eugene Roshal based on the LZSS algorithm; This compression format is so common that currently any application we are looking for will be able to zip or unzip your files in the .rar extension.
What are the best applications for RAR files on Android?
There are a large number of applications that work with RAR files on Windows, Linux and MacOS, but we will focus on those that are compatible with Android mobiles, including WinZip, RAR, Zarchiver, 7Zipper and Alzip stand out ; then we will see a brief review describing the advantages of each of them.
- WinZip: It is the most famous, as well as being officially recommended by Google for its operating system. As the name suggests, it can open or decompress ZIP files, but also RAR, ZIPX, 7X and CBZ files; It has a paid version which has features linking Google Drive and eliminates the advertising of the free version.
- RAR: It was developed by the same people as the WinRAR application for Windows, Linux and MacOS. Can decompress RAR, ZIP, TAR, GZ, BZ2, XZ, 7z, ISO and ARJ archives; They can only compress files with RAR and ZIP extensions, but with the same WinRAR benefits as the password protection or compression in parts.
- Zarchive: is one of the best to open RAR files, 7Z, ZIP, BZIP2, GZIP, ZZ and TAR and other types of compressed files (up to 30 types of extensions); It also has the advantage of having a simple and easy to use graphical interface. It is free and includes options to password protect or to add or delete files internally to the compressed file.
- 7Zipper: It is a very interesting option among the applications that are used to compress and decompress a wide variety of files on the Android system (ZIP, ALZ, EGG, TAR, TAR.GZ, TAR.BZ2, GZ, BZ2, RAR, JAR, 7Z and LZH); you can even view and manage files with FTP and HTTP servers from your computer.
- Alzip: is a great application developed in Korea with an easy to use interface. With it you can drag and drop your files and allows you to compress in ZIP, EGG and ALZ formats; There aren't many of them, but to unpack its list it expands to ZIP, RAR, 7Z, EGG, ALZ, TAR, TBZ, TBZ2, TGZ, LZH, JAR, GZ, BZ, BZ2 and LHA extensions.
In summary, there is a large variety of applications that you can use to create, compress or decompress RAR files on your mobile, as well as many other formats. The important thing is that everyone allow you to compress your files of images, music or videos; and reduce their size without losing quality, so you can share them with your friends, family and contacts.
Most Interesting Articles
- best sites and apps to watch live soccer from pc tv android ios free and paid