Steps to fix YouTube notifications on my Android
In case you don't know, there is a small control panel in the YouTube app where you can configure the priority of notifications for each channel you are subscribed to. In other words, you can turn off notifications from a channel without unsubscribing or prioritizing certain channels.
In this new post, we will show you the steps you need to follow to fix YouTube notifications on your Android, especially if you notice that notifications from some channels don't reach you. Fortunately this can be fixed and here we will show you the solution.
- First, we recommend that you download the latest version of the YouTube app from the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Then, open the app and select the 'Subscriptions' option which you will find at the bottom of the main menu screen, right next to the 'Notifications' option.
- Then a list will open containing all the notifications of the channels you have previously subscribed to and a part where you can use filters for these notifications.
- In addition, you will also see an option that says "Manage" located at the top of the screen, which you need to press.
- You will now be directed to the notification control panel where next to yours subscriptions to the YouTube channel you will see a bell.
- When you activate the notification bell, several options will appear: all, highlighted and none. Normally, the 'highlighted' option is the one enabled by default. However, you can change it, for example if you want all notifications from a specific channel to reach you, then you have to select the option that says "All".
- On the other hand we tell you that there is no automated way to easily configure all channel notifications. In other words, it is necessary configuration manually separately the priority of notifications for each channel.
Why am I not receiving YouTube notifications in my email?
As we all know, YouTube has been characterized by sending alerts on the new activity of the channels to which we are subscribed. So much so that for a few months they decided to send email notifications to all users, which fortunately did not last long.
For some time the YouTube notifications don't reach the inbox of Google user accounts. While it's true that it worked for a while, Google's developers claimed that less than 1% of notifications sent by email were open and also specified that these types of emails heavily overloaded inboxes. of users.
This measure did not replace mobile push notifications at the time, but rather functioned as an additional notification, because many users complained that YouTube did not always notify when channels uploaded videos or did direct, making it difficult to watch. youtube video on time.
Indeed, Google has ensured that the elimination of e-mail notifications will reduce visits to YouTube channels. It's honestly a relief that they removed this measure, since it was very annoying to have both the email and notification bar full of alerts from one platform.
On the other hand, the fact that YouTube no longer notifies you via email does not mean that they will stop sending promotional emails with other services of the platform. That is, they will focus on sending us important news that has to do with subscriptions or changes in the platform, instead of filling our inbox with notifications about the channels we are subscribed to.
If you found this information useful, remember to share it with all your contacts so they can learn how to configure YouTube notifications on Android and that way you won't miss any videos.
Most Interesting Articles
- best sites and apps to watch live soccer from pc tv android ios free and paid